Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"Night Birds"

It's funny how the seasons affect design, reflect mood. It's obvious the angel came from Christmas, missing my family, and then the special gift of my brother's presence. The bag I made just before that looks very wintry, ethereal, too, and started in a similar manner. I cut a circle from some dyed linen, planning to do some spiral stitching ... and then I saw it ... the face...the man the moon... So of course it was night....
                         
      

When I worked the branches, for some reason they needed birds, perched there, waiting... for what?
Ah, yes ... the rest of their flock! Swirling through the night. There wasn't enough room on the piece of feed sack I was using, so that part became the pocket, attached to the linen night sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment