Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Memories....

The other day, I decided to move my stitching "nest" to my living room, a cozy place that I rarely enjoy since our family room addition. I brought my iPad in with me, and tuned into the Folk/Rock station on Pandora. I realized after just a few minutes of stitching on my "angel" piece that a certain sense of peace and calm had come over me. Then I realized that the Pandora station was playing all the songs of my youth, putting me back in a place where I was a free-spirited "hippie" chick, and bringing back my brother's voice as I remembered the many times we had harmonized to the Dead, Cat Stevens, Jim Croce, and oh so many others. Although he's been on the other side for many years, I knew he was in that room with me, urging me on with my art, as he always did, and showing me that although the body ages, the youth and freedom of the soul remains. My essence is the same as it was wayyyyy back then. Such a precious gift my brother gave me that day. I'm beginning to see just how much magic was in that angel that "just appeared"...

No comments:

Post a Comment